GP`s are usually our first port of call when we have a suspected illness and need an expert opinion on diagnosis and a course of treatment.
The most common types of claims against General Practitioner`s include:
- Failure to adequately diagnose and investigate
- Failure to refer or refer appropriately for further investigation / treatment
- Failure to diagnose meningitis
- Failure to refer patient for tests
- Incorrect prescriptions
- Failure to make planned referrals
- Failure to diagnose brain haemorrhage
- Failure to take adequate precautions to avoid infections
You may have suffered from negligence from an alternative health care professional for example a district nurse, midwife, occupational therapist, osteopath, physiotherapist, chiropodist or podiatrist.